Friday, July 25, 2008

How they'll be remembered

.

Clare Boothe Luce argued, every president gets just one sentence in the history books
The obvious ones are:
Bush --- Mission accomplished
Clinton --- I never had sex with that woman.
GHW Bush --- Read my lips, no new taxes.
Reagan --- Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall.
Carter --- We suffer from malaise
Ford --- Poland is a free country
Nixon --- We want a modified, limited hangout

What they should be:
Bush --- No child's future income left behind
Clinton --- It's good to be the king
GHW Bush --- Let George Schulz run my campaign, it's a shoo-in
Reagan --- Appoint commissions, ignore the results. Life is good.
Carter --- Don't just do something. Stand there!
Ford --- Chevy Chase does a better me.
Nixon --- I never could get it down pat.

No comments: