Friday, July 18, 2008

Jungle pokin'

ScienceDaily (July 18, 2008) — Resistance to ciprofloxacin, a member of one of the most commonly used groups of antibiotics in the world, has been discovered by a team of Canadian researchers among people in remote South American villages who are believed to have never taken this medication. They took rectal swabs from 535 people in Bartica and the remote villages.

"Look, Mbuti, the silver stink-fly has brought pink-bellies back from the land of silly-assed squeak-talkers."
"Ay, yi, Nsoto. I'm getting out of here. You know what they talked us into doing last time."
"It was just their primitive way of saying, 'Are you in heat?' Mbuti. I don't know why you got so upset."
"It didn't bother me until I got to thinking about it later."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, the squeak-talker said he was going to put a stick up my going-away cleavage."
"Yeah, okay, he said that to everybody."
"Yes, and then he went around behind me and put his left hand on my right shoulder... or was it his right hand on my left shoulder? Then I realized he had BOTH of his hands on BOTH of my shoulders!"

No comments: